ARC Review: HAVEN by Rebekah Weatherspoon

by - 9:46 PM

Title: Haven
Series: Beards & Bondage #1
Author: Rebekah Weatherspoon
Release date: April 25, 2017

Synopsis:
A week-long getaway… 
City girl Claudia Cade's carefree life is plunged into chaos when a camping trip with her brother in the national forests of Northern California turns into a deadly dash for her survival. 
A solitary world turned upside down… 
Nature photographer Shepard Olsen has resigned himself to a quiet existence, with only his dog by his side, until a woman in need of his protection shows up on his doorstep and throws his universe into disarray. 
Two lives linked by tragedy… 
Claudia is desperate to heal from her traumatic loss, but can’t stop thinking about her run-in with evil….or the grizzled mountain man whose quick thinking and good aim saved her life. When she shows up on Shep's doorstep again, she finds she isn't the only one who can't move on.
…saved by bliss. 
The two begin an intense, passionate relationship of Dominance and submission, pleasure and pain, but with dark memories haunting them and decisions about the future rapidly approaching, Claudia can’t help but wonder...how long can they be each other's haven? 
*** WARNING: This book contains a sexual relationship between a fashionista and a cranky mountain man who are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. And a very big, cuddly dog.***


Review

I seriously love every Rebekah Weatherspoon book. And I think I will forever love her and her work. They're always so amazing and entertaining. Plus the romance is one of the best I've ever read. I absolutely love that the heroes always ask for consent and this one also has a very Soft but hard hero.

This started up with a BANG. Like wow. I didn't expect all of that in the first chapters but Rebekah, as I said, knows how to get your attention and keep it that way. We meet our hero and I would think the main character, more than Claudia because we get Shep's POV more tbh. And he lives in this cabin on a mountain all alone with his very big dog. He's a photographer and he also a Dom. Shep is seriously the best and he is so sweet and caring. You'll fall for him quickly like I did definitely.

Claudia is a city girl, she's a fashionista and she is on the mountain to have a trip with her brother. But everything goes wrong really, really fast. She is suddenly escaping from very bad man and she ends up at the front of Shep's house and Shep is the one who saves her and oh my god it's so wild, but SO GOOD. I enjoyed it so much, Rebekah kept me at the edge of my seat, wow. 

We have various time skips and I do enjoy them very much. Claudia and Shep get to know each other and I love that they have this understanding between them that doesn't need words? It's so lovely and really great to read about since the start when they finally talk in the hospital and they have this connection that many can see means something (!!!) They also get into a Dom/sub relationship, it's a first for Claudia but she want to experience it with Shep and she knows everything will be fine. It does have BDSM so if you're not so comfortable I would rec to skip the scenes? But really Rebekah writes amazing romantic and steamy scenes, so def give it a chance!

Claudia also has PTSD and Rebekah writes this book in a way that Claudia needs to heal with the help of herself and she needs to take that step, it's not Shep and not love that heals her. It's herself and the power she has. 

I am so in love with this book, what more would you want to know.... Claudia is Caribbean, her mom was from Grenada. She's definitely a fat woman. Shep is a delicious bearded mountain man, he has tattoos (HELLOOOO). It's a really great dynamics and I cannot wait for more because that ending got my heart. I want to see how it is going for Claudia and Shep and meet the new couple yay ~

  • Rebekah did this HAVEN playlist and you can listen to it here x

You May Also Like

0 comments