Release Day Blitz + ARC Review: LAST CALL by Staci Hart

by - 5:31 PM

Title: Last Call
Series: Bad Habits #3
Author: Staci Hart
Publishing: February 15th, 2016
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon | Amazon UK

Goodreads synopsis:
Once Rose Fisher makes a decision, that’s it. End of story. 

Like when her ex, Patrick, dumped her out of the blue, then showed up with a super hot, tatted up sex kitten on his arm. Then it was over for good. The end. Poof. Dead to her. Except he was everywhere — down the hall, at the bar with their friends, worming his way into her dreams.

But with their friends paired off, they’re left alone more and more. Rose is determined to keep him friendzoned — doesn’t matter that he stares at her with a smolder that drops all panties in a ten foot radius. She’s over him, and she’ll prove it by getting back into the dating game, Patrick be damned.

Patrick Evans is no stranger to consequences. When your mother walks out, your dad drifts away. When you leave home, you’re on your own. And when you run away from the girl you love, you lose her. He finally has an opportunity to rebuild the bridge he burned, and it’s not one he’ll take for granted. But he’ll have to fight for her, even if it hurts. Even if it means he’ll walk away brokenhearted. Because deep down, he knows that she’s it for him.

The trick will be to get her to admit she feels it too.
Mana's review

Patrick and Rose are the most angst ridden couple ever, haha. They circled each other so much through the whole book and it was so heartbreaing reading both point of views as both still loved each other.

I loved Tricky, and Rose is such a great heroine. She's funny, relatable, and quite sassy. I loved how she stood up for herself and I felt so bad how disastrous her dates were, hahaha. I was satisfied with how they came together since they are super sweet (and HOT) together. 

Silvana's review

I didn't know I could love Tricky and Rose like I love them after finishing LAST CALL. My heart is set on West and Lily but these two burned down the place and set fire to everything. Their tension throughout the very first half of the book is freaking hot and undeniable. I needed to take time outs in between or else I would melt with them all.

Tricky and Rose's relationship is complicated; they didn't end up things okay and now both of them want stuff they simply are too afraid to have. Tricky is all about getting Rose to trust him again and getting back together. And Rose is confused by her ex-boyfriend appearing everywhere and yet she isn't complaining. These two made me smile and cry and my heart hurt for some scenes *cough* But they were everything I wanted them to be.

"Rose was everywhere. Habits. Down the hall. Every day, always. She lived in my thoughts, in my heart, present in nearly every moment in my life. She was my ghost, haunting me, and I couldn't escape. I didn't know if I even wanted to."

I'm so sad to see the Bad Habits gang go. THIS SERIES IS COMPLETED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. As I said, Bad Habits series reminds me of a TV show and I wish it was!! It would fit so great; friends getting together in a bar, talking about life and their relationships, there's romance and comedy (so many funny moments between them all!) and a lot of great characters. 




Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life -- a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom; she has three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife; even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k. 

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, gaming, or designing graphics.



You May Also Like

0 comments