{SNAPPY SNIPPETS} Valentine Edition

by - 11:52 PM


I (Sil) decided to take part for Snazzy Snippets this month! I just heard this from Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout and felt it was too cute and fun. So I try to write and I really like it a lot. I'm probably going to share snippets from two WIPs because I think one of them doesn't have any kissing? I'm not so sure if any of my WIPs have kissing (LOL!) not yet, I mean. I haven't gotten that far, but if I find something I will be sure to include it.

1. A heartwarming snippet that makes readers go "aww!"

So this is from my WIP, The Blooming Flower, and it's a Persephone/Hades story. I really like these two and I love that they're already husband and wife *oops* So here it is a scene that I find myself fangirling over just because of those two words they say to each other.
















2. A kissing snippet!

I found something on my phone, a little thing I wrote for this same WIP. I almost forgot I had written it there so I didn't *forget* clearly this didn't work. It's not a kiss but it's ALMOST A KISS. Maybe there's a kiss afterwards. I don't know... maybe *grins*
Hades says, "Haven't you realize yet that I have no good inside me? I am the heart of the Underworld. The very, very deep hole of darkness you fear the most, I am that. Stop pretending and trying to change the one thing that won't change." He's trying so hard to not show how he is really feeling. He keeps looking down at the floor like the sight of me will undo him. 
I stand from his throne, ready to leave. But instead of turning my back and walking away from the man who gets me all worked up, I grab his face between my hands and force him to look at me. 
This is the first time I have seen surprise on his face.
"I will do whatever I want. Do you understand me? My lord." At this he narrows his eyes. "You got me for the rest of our lives. I'm here to stay. You can't escape me. I'm like those vines growing on the surface; you can't just cut and expect it to disappear. So you might as well learn to live with me.
"And don't you dare lie to me, my lord. In the deepest parts of yourself, where the darkness consumes you completely, I know a light has appeared. A small light but it's there." 
I draw closer to him. His eyes never stray from mine. 
"Hades." I try his name in my tongue. It feels like his name is the right thing to say. Slowly, his forehead comes to rest on mine. Our mingling breaths are the only thing I hear. My heart is beating like crazy. Like I'm going crazy. But that's already a fact, so how come my heart can't stop resonating inside my head? 
"Perse."
I love my name on his lips. I want him to keep saying it.  
3. A snippet where love interests first appear together.

I love this so much. Perse is like "you can't treat me like that and expect me to be cool and chill. You're gonna find out why I'm the worst thing that has ever happened to you." I'm so in love with these two, yeah.


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. OOOH, a Hades/Persephone retelling! I have a plot bunny for one of those myself. I love the complicated relationship you've hinted at here, and Persephone is developing rather quickly into a badass. I APPROVE. Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete