Series: True North #1
Author: Sarina Bowen
Release date: June 14th, 2016
Genre: Romance Contemporary
If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the orchard.
The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago.
At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.
Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.
They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.
Sarina Bowen writes swoony romances and also really funny ones! Bittersweet was no different except this time we travel all the way to Vermont, to this lovely farm with one sexy farmer and chef.
Griffin and Audrey were so on point since the start and their banter was !!!! (yup, the good kind of banter that leads to some sexy times *wink wink*) I had so much fun reading this book and I pretty much cannot wait for the next in the series because I know I'm about to become addicted to them.
Some reasons you should give this a chance:
• Main heroine is a chef
• Main hero is a former football player, now farmer, but also graduated as a chemist
• They live in New England, so practically all of them are fans of NE sports teams so of course I have a soft spot for anyone who roots for the Patriots
• I loved loved Griff's family. They are seriously #familygoals, and you'll love them
• Lots of food talk and Audrey does a lot of cooking in the book and she tells you everything she is using in the dish, so they're kind of recipes? So it's freaking AWESOME and *it gets you so hungry tbh*
• Griff is such a dirty-mouthed hero omg guys
• Outside shower sex *whistles*
Some stuff that I didn't like a lot:
• Audrey referred to herself with this word. (I'm not going to put it but if you want to know feel free to DM in Twitter!) And she pretty much was slutshaming so *rolls eyes*
• Some situations that made me want to skip/skim them. Like scenes in particular. They weren't funny and felt a bit unnecessary.
But overall everything was great and I love good romances with sexy as hell covers and amazing characters. Plus you know I love me some chefs as characters in the mix and it doesn't hurt that we can read about them cooking some fiiiiine food. *oops*
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of steamy, angsty Contemporary Romance and New Adult fiction. She lives in the wilds of Vermont.
She is the author of The Ivy Years, an award-winning series set amid the hockey team at an elite Connecticut college. Also, the The Gravity series.
Sarina enjoys skiing, espresso drinks and the occasional margarita. She lives with her family, eight chickens and more ski gear and hockey equipment than seems necessary.