ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ I'm Mexican [aka me, Silvana] and I love to see my people represented in books especially in genres that I like. It has been recently that I have seen more and more books with Latinxs as the main characters and not just the side-kick friend or the mean girl or just someone random on the street. We wanted to assemble a list of books that feature Latinxs [as main characters or love interests] in books! We hope that you like this list and you should tell us which book you find more appealing to you on the comments/on Twitter.
1. JUST VISITING by Dahlia Adler. Best friends, Reagan and Victoria, want nothing but leave their town behind. Roadtrips, colleges, new friends, old wounds.
2. WE ARE THE ANTS by Shaun David Hutchinson. When he was young, he was stolen by aliens and they gave him a choice: to save or destroy the world. He has 144 days to decide.
3. WHEN REASON BREAKS by Cindy L. Rodriguez. Two girls connect with the help of Emily Dickinson's words.
4. ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. Two boys, Ari and Dante. Two different ways of life. And yet they begin a friendship that will change their lives.
5. SHADOWSHAPER by Daniel José Older. Sierra finds out about a surpernatural society named the Shadowshapers, who connect spirits via art. She has to fight against this evil and save her family.
6. MORE HAPPY THAN NOT by Adam Silvera. A near-future universe, a boy who wants to achieve happiness again and a procedure who will get him to forget who he really is.
7. OTHERBOUND by Corinne Duyvis. Two minds, miles and miles away. They're facing different lives, but they have to help each other to survive.
8. THE BOOK OF BROKEN HEARTS by Sarah Ockler. A cute Vargas brother helping her restore a bike. She has known the Vargas brothers were heartbreakers since the start.
9. THE WEIGHT OF FEATHERS by Anna-Marie McLemore. Two families of traveling performers have been rivals since forever. But disaster happens and she is saved by the rival family's boy.
10. THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS by Marieke Nijkamp. 54 minutes. Four teens. One boy and a gun.
11. FUTURE SHOCK by Elizabeth Briggs. A group of teens with special skills time-travel to a future they might not want to see.
12. PERFECT CHEMISTRY by Simone Elkeles. Forced to be lab partners with Alex, Brittany's life turns upside down. A bet, family, hate-to-love.
13. LABYRINTH LOST by Zoraida Córdova. Alex's plan backfires to get rid of her magic, and her family disappears. She must travel to a land in-between with the help of a brujo.
NEW ADULT / ROMANCE
1. KULTI by Mariana Zapata. Female soccer player finds out her new coach is her former childhood crush.
2. WITHOUT BORDERS by Amanda Heger. Her best friend's older brother, a trip to Central America, a lot of mosquitoes.
3. RETRACE by Sigal Ehrlich. A former FBI agent and a Brazilian dancer find that fate has brought them together.
4. MORE THAN COMICS by Elizabeth Briggs. They have never met. Now they're meeting for the first time in Comic-Con promoting their graphic novel.
5. MAKE IT COUNT by Megan Erickson. What happens when your new tutor is the guy you've been crushing + your boyfriend's best friend?
6. INFINI by Krista and Becca Ritchie. A performer in a Vegas acrobatic show happens to be in the same show as his best friend.
7. THE SHAMELESS HOUR by Sarina Bowen. One night stand turns into awkwardness between them. But soon enough, they're spending more and more time together.
8. BLOCKED by Jennifer Lane. Lucia likes Dane, but there's hate between them because their parents are facing off in a political battle.
9. LEVEL UP by Cathy Yardley. The only thing she wants is to be a video game engineer. But she needs the help of her coworkers, especially her roommate Adam.
10. MAKE IT LAST by Megan Erickson. Back in his hometown, Cam runs into the love of his life. They weren't supposed to meet ever again, and yet a kiss leads to more... and the truth comes out.
11. LOVE ON THE LEDGE by Zoraida Córdova. A Hamptons wedding, a sey roofer, a crazy family and lots of fun moments.
12. DRAW ME CLOSE by Nicole Michaels. Eight years ago they were happily together but ended up broken. Eight years later, he has come to take her back, and will do anything to get her.
13. WILD FOR YOU by Sophia Knightly. Old college friend's sister, fake marriage, sweet honeymoon - the only thing she wants is to shake him up.
We hope that you check them out! We have read some of them and LOVED them quite a lot! Tell us in the comments which have you read and enjoyed. And which of them you really, really want to check out!