Good morning, voyagers! We're here for Book Recommendation Friday and we're not going to lie but: we're pretty frigging excited right now. If you have seen our posts, you know that we love recommending books and making these lists about a certain topic in particular (!!) So it's not a surprise we're totally doing a Book Rec day ლ(╹◡╹ლ) *give us all the books you whisper* We asked our guest authors + more authors, to share with us their favorite books that have AMAZING, FUN, ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER friendships. And OUT OF BREATH, CUTE, CANT HELP TO FALL otps.
So without further delay, enjoy!
Mana and Sil's pick
For YA friendships:
Audrey Coulthurst, author of OF FIRE AND STARS
Since I talked mostly about my excitement at seeing queer girls in speculative fiction, today I’m going to focus my recommendations on sci-fi and fantasy that feature queer leading ladies:
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Otherbound by Corrine Duyvis
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- Inheritance by Malinda Lo
- Ash by Malinda Lo
- Huntress by Malinda Lo
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
Dahlia Adler, author of DAYLIGHT FALLS duology and JUST VISITING
For YA f/f friendships:
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen
- Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
- The F-It List by Julie Halpern
For YA f/f relationships:
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe *A little darker than the others
For NA f/f relationships:
- Black Iris and Cam Girl by Elliot Wake writing as Leah Raeder
Emily Skrutskie, author of THE ABYSS SURROUNDS US
Code Name Verity. Anything by Malinda Lo, but especially Huntress. And I'm so excited for Audrey Coulthurst's upcoming, Of Fire and Stars!
Katherine Locke, author of SECOND POSITION and FINDING CENTER
Some of my favorite #GirlConqueringBooks are:
1. Dahlia Adler's Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University #1) - I LOVE the friendships in all of Dahlia's books and I really admire how effortless and genuine they feel. They're never perfect but they're always worthwhile, the way all true friendships are. But of all Dahlia's books, I really love Lizzie, Frankie and Cait from the Radleigh University series (the next two are coming out soon and I've been lucky to get sneak peeks. They are sooooooo good.). They remind me of my favorite friendships IRL.
2. Emery Lord's Open Road Summer--This book has a huge piece of my heart for a lot of reasons but the friendship between Dee and Reagan is basically my favorite part of the whole book. They support each other, don't take each other for granted, and never push each other to be someone they're not. I love that so so much.
3. Emily Skrutskie's The Abyss Surrounds Us -- Cas and Swift are my f/f OTP like whooooaaa. They're dangerous, complicated, unsure, determined, and the sexual tension is wilder than the sea. This just came out and it's a fast, fun, twisty read. They're friends AND girlfriends. That makes my heart sing!
For Day #5, we also created a little fun quiz titled WHO WOULD YOU BE BEST FRIENDS WITH? We got a few fun and lovely friendships as the results. We would love for you guys to take the test and tell us who came up as your result! And if you think it's correct and you would get along with them or just plain nope.
Here is the link to take the quiz. Comment down below with your results <3
We want to also give a BIG THANK YOU to our guest authors who took part of this event and all the bloggers/authors who helped us with posts and stuff. Really guys you are simply the best of the best and we're so forever grateful with everything. We love ya and Happy Valentine's Day!
Tomorrow we have a Twitter Chat happening at 7 pm EST and we would be so happy if you show up (if only to say hi!) it's going to be a fun event - talking about book friendships, real-life friendships, cute otps and girls. GIRLS. GIRLS. We hope to see you there!