Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me // BLONDIE REVEAL!

by - 8:32 AM

Hello! I am so happy and excited to share this blog post with you. It's not a surprise that you find me talking about this book. I absolutely loved it and had such a great time getting to know these characters and the story. If you had seen my little review about it, you know that there are many fun stuff happening and many tea spilling. Broody is definitely someone you want to get to know more.

But today I won't be talking about Broody (oops! sorry, my love). This post is about a very special girl that tries to make Broody understand how problematic he can act in his books and such. She's the best thing about this book. I loved her and I hope you all adore her just as much as I did. 

Title: Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me
Author: Carrie DiRisio
Illustrator: Linnea Gear
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Release date: October 3, 2017

Synopsis:

Have you ever wished you could receive a little guidance from your favorite book boyfriend? Ever dreamed of being the Chosen One in a YA novel? Want to know all the secrets of surviving the dreaded plot twist?
Or maybe you're just really confused about what "opal-tinted, luminous cerulean orbs" actually are? 
Well, popular Twitter personality @broodingYAhero is here to help as he tackles the final frontier in his media dominance: writing a book. Join Broody McHottiepants as he attempts to pen Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me, a "self-help" guide (with activities--you always need activities) that lovingly pokes fun at the YA tropes that we roll our eyes at, but secretly love. 
As his nefarious ex, Blondie DeMeani, attempts to thwart him at every turn, Broody overcomes to detail, among other topics, how to choose your genre, how to keep your love interest engaged (while maintaining lead character status), his secret formula for guaranteed love triangle success, and how to make sure you secure that sequel, all while keeping his hair perfectly coiffed and never breaking a sweat.


We have today the most awesome, greatest illustrator, Linnea Gear, who created Broody's new image and illustrates the whole novel. And today in the blog we are revealing the beautiful and "not-here-for-your-sh*t-Broody" Blondie DeMeani, the one who always gets written as the mean girl, ex-girlfriend of Broody, but in fact she wants to be a main character and find love. 





*looks at those pumps!!!*

ME: Linnea, how did everything start? How did you get approached to do this amazing thing? 
Linnea Gear: Carrie DiRisio and her editor, Alison Weiss, asked me to help do their cover and illustrations. I was so excited they asked me to, because I've been looking everywhere for an opportunity to be able to illustrate a book. It's been one of my dreams! 

ME: How has been like to draw Broody?
LG: I love Carrie and have done several commissions for her over the past couple years. Two include doing Broody's twitter icon, where everyone voted for their favorite "Broody Look," and then the "Thank You for voting" post of Broody. I can't believe I get to draw such a character, and only want to get him right since he has so many fans! His twitter is hilarious and I can't wait for everyone to see this book in all its finished glory!


Find Linnea Gear on Twitter | Instagram. Email: linneart.blog@gmail.com

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Man, this art looks great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ~ I cannot wait to see it all in the book, it will be so fab

      Delete
  2. I'm super pumped for this book!!

    I'm new to blogging and book reviewing, and I was wondering if you had any tips for newbie bloggers and book reviewers.

    If you have the time, please check out my blog @breenysbooks. I'd love any feedback. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the illustrations are definitely fab :) this whole project rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 10/10!!! so happy for Carrie Ann and Broody and Linnea

      Delete