SPRING CLEANING BOOK TAG

by - 1:32 PM


Hello, voyagers! This is Sil. Jess from @PrincessicaOB tagged us in this super awesome book tag and I thought it looked fun and it's summer, it's perfect time for book tags! I haven't done one like ever I think, I hope I don't get stuck in one question lmao.

1. The struggle of getting started: a book/book series that you have struggled to begin because of its size.
All the big book series, I'm okay with. I mean - All Souls trilogy is so big, but damn that's the best paranormal/fantasy series ever. Lumatere Chronicles is also pretty big. I've only read Finnikin and haven't yet gotten the chance to read Froi (maybe I am kinda scared because of the size but also because I totally know I'm going to cry like a baby). Maybe the Brandon Sanderson books?

2. Cleaning out the closet: a book and/or book series you want to unhaul. 
I want to unhaul Red Queen. At first I really liked book #1 (but not really because you know) and later with all the problematic stuff happening, I decided not to read book #2. I'm happy with my decision hah.

3. Opening windows and letting fresh air in: a book that was refreshing. 



The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee. This is so such a breezy and refreshing read. A cute YA contemporary with a twist aka the main character is an aromateur , meaning she can smell every single fragance anything gives out. I loved everything about this book and when you guys read it, you'll fly by and would want more and more after beng done.

4. Washing out sheet stains: a book you wish you could rewrite a certain scene in.
 I wanted more cute/romance-y scenes in This Is My Brain on Boys. But I mean it's the author's work so I don't feel comfortable saying I wanted to "rewrite" something. But yeah, that's my only complain for that book. It was nice and all and a great YA contemp but I always want more romance scenes.

5. Throwing out unnecessary knick-knacks: a book in a series that you didn’t feel was necessary.
I'm gonna go and say To All The Boys series. With one book, it would have been perfect this series. But then PS I Still Love You came out and not pleased. It's unecessary and the series could have been done with with just one book and it'd be just great. But no... and then we find out there's a third book coming? *sighs* If it's only about Lara Jean and her family - I'm fine with that and actually really happy. But if it's ANOTHER love triangle, square, whatever ... nah.

6. Polishing the doorknobs: a book that had a clean finish. 



I love The Wrath and the Dawn duology and felt super happy how it ended. Of course I want more of it because who wouldn't want more Shazi and Khalid. But I felt really great with that finish and for the characters' arcs coming to a clean end. *bows to Renee Ahdieh*

7. Reaching to dust the fan: a book that tried too hard to relay a certain message. 
Maybe some of the stories from Summer Days & Summer Nights. And also This Is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang.

8. The tiring yet satisfying finish of spring cleaning: a book series that was tiring yet satisfying to get through.
The Selection series? When I got to the last book it was like *yes finally I can be done with it* It's that kind of series that you started with and continued but only read the final book just because you have read all the last ones and need to know the end. So yup.

9. Looking forward to next spring: tag people you want to do this tag.
Jae @ A Bookish Bluebird
Tamara @ Tamaraniac
Aila @ One Way or An Author
Aentee @ Read at Midnight

You May Also Like

0 comments