CHANGE AND SUMMER: Ombre discussion

by - 5:40 PM


Hello guys. Sil here! Today I'm bringing you something I'm really excited about. So I don't know if you have noticed but recently (like about two/two and a half) weeks ago I dyed my hair. Only the tips - ombré style. I chose to dye it purple and IT WAS BRIGHT. It has come down a bit in the recent days but it's still bright and colorful (and tbh looks so good on pictures hah!) but yeah. Today I was tweeting my pic and saw that some other bloggers also are wearing their ombre-styled hairs SO GORGEOUSLY (is that even a word lol) and it made me want to create this post about Ombre + Books because why not!

Summer is always great for changes. Be dyeing your hair, changing your wardrobe, reading more contemporaries instead of fantasies, doing amazing stuff, etc. I decided to change my hair for the first time in a while. My brown hair was becoming a bit... boring haha. I always wanted to do an ombre and the guy who did it told me purple would look amazing (and I totally love it!). One day I would want the blonde one because I always have wanted to know how would I look as a blonde lol.


I will start with the book part. I'm adding books that have a certain ombré effect on its cover alright ;)
I'm not even sure if all of these are ombré covers but I considered them lol.


These are like the sunset colors (aka pink-purple-red-orange) and tbh maybe it isn't ombré but eh I see it as ombre and it would look so lovely on hair. So the books that you see here are THIS RAGING LIGHT by Estelle Laure, THE WRONG SIDE OF RIGHT by Jenn Marie Thorne and BEYOND THE RED by Ava Jae. 

 

These colors would look AMAZING on hair. We have here: THIS MONTROUS THING by Mackenzi Lee, MISTBORN by Brandon Sanderson and LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD by Ava Dellaira. Haven't read any of these three but I've heard interesting things especially from This Monstrous Thing and Mistborn (shoutout to Tamara @tamaraniac, she recommended me all Brandon Sanderson).


 I have read all of these three and let me tell you they're fabulous and super, super cute and also really hot. ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Stephanie Perkins, DOUBLE UP by Vanessa North and SIDESWIPED by Lia Riley. If you are looking for a cute wanderlust novel with a girl who has had a crush on this guy for forever, check ISLA. If you are looking for a passionate m/m sports romance, check Double Up. And if you're looking for a sexy, grumpy but lovable Aussie hero, check Sideswiped.

*Note: Sideswiped is Book #2 in the Off the Map series. And you cannot read them as standalones like ISLA that it's the #3 in the ANNA series but those are companion novels.


Name: Hannah Siddiqui
Profession: Blogger/Vlogger
Website: The Road to Hannah
 LINKS:
Youtube
Twitter
Instagram

Hannah is a fashion expert and cutie pie queen.


Name: Nova
Profession: Blogger/Vlogger
Website: Out of Time
LINKS:
✿ Youtube
Twitter

Nova is like a space princess ready to rec you all the books with pretty pictures.


Name: Mana
Profession: Blogger
Website: The Book Voyagers aka here!
LINKS:
Twitter

Mana is my spectacular co-blogger. She knows all about fantasy recs and cute romance reads.





Name: Giselle
Profession: Blogger
Website: Hopeless Book Lover
LINKS:
Twitter
Instagram

Giselle is the owner of the most gorgeous bookstagram, @hopelessbooklover_.
Name: Maf
Profession: Vlogger
Website: Bookworm Wanders

LINKS:
Youtube
Twitter
Instagram

Maf is behind the hilarious and genuis account of @TypicalNAHero and really loves Taylor Swift.


Name: Julia Ember
Profession: Author
Book: Unicorn Tracks
LINKS:
Website
✿ Twitter

Julia recently released her debut novel, Unicorn Tracks - about two girls who fall in love in the middle of a conspiracy.

You May Also Like

0 comments