Small Presses Doesn't Mean Less Great

by - 7:06 PM

This happens quite a lot in the book community: People only read the really popular books or the ones on the bestseller list. They say "There is no *inserts trope*" "I want more *inserts trope*!!" in asks in Tumblr or in tweets. They say they read diversity but only read the ones on the New York Times list (I'm not saying they're bad because some of them are actually great but they're not the only ones out there!). I get that the books from the Big 5 are the ones who get the most publicity and they have a reach to lots of places/people. But I don't like that people disregard books from small presses thinking they're bad BECAUSE they're from small presses, like they're not good enough. 

So I wanted to make a post about my love for books that are not from the big publishing houses out there, but actually from the small presses that don't get a lot of hype/talk/publicity in the book community. I tell you this: Support them! Support them by buying their books, by talking about them in social media, with your friends, with the person you meet at the bookstore!






INTERLUDE PRESS

• Definitely, Maybe, Yours (Sucre Coeur #1) by Lissa Reed

Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee

100 Days by Mimsy Hale

Hold by Rachel Davidson Leigh










HARMONY INK PRESS

Marian by Ella Lyons*

Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember

Here's to You, Zeb Pike by Johanna Parkhurst

We Awaken by Calista Lynne









SKY PONY PRESS

Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers

Timekeeper by Tara Sim*

Beyond the Red by Ava Jae

Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh

Liars and Losers Like Us by Ami Allen-Vath

Spin the Sky by Jill MacKenzie*








RIPTIDE PUBLISHING

Roller Girl by Vanessa North

Hotline by Quinn Anderson*

Finding Your Feet by Cass Lennox

Assassins: Discord by Erica Cameron

Counterbalance by Aidan Wayne 









TU BOOKS

Perfect Liars by Kimberly Reid

Ink and Ashes by Valynne E. Maetani

Summer of the Mariposas by Guadalupe Garcia McCall

Diverse Energies edited by Tobias S. Buckell, Joe Monti






BOLD STROKES BOOKS

Soul to Keep by Rebekah Weatherspoon

Gravity by Juliann Rich*

Miss Match by Fiona Riley

Freshman Year by AnnaMeekee Hesik

Taste by Kris Bryant

Treasure by Rebekah Weatherspoon

And more!!
The Princess Affair by Nell Stark
Waiting in the Wings by Melissa Brayden
A Place to Rest by Erin Dutton





FLUX

The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie

How Many Letters Are in Goodbye? by Yvonne Cassidy

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles

Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe











JOLLY FISH PRESS

Tokens and Omens by Jeri Baird 

Jerkbait by Mia Siegert

Consider by Kristy Acevedo

Dreamless by Jenniffer Wardell










DIVERSION BOOKS

Luck on the Line by Zoraida Córdova

Between Here and Gone by Barbara Ferrer

Semi-Scripted by Amanda Heger*

Dreadnought by April Daniels*

Shuttergirl by C.D. Reiss







YLVA PUBLISHING

Here's The Thing by Emily O'Beirne

Heart Trouble by Jae

Shattered by Lee Winter*

The Set Piece by Catherine Lane






*hasn't released yet
italic titles are the ones I've already read

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I like this post. I know I am guilty of reading books predominantly from large publishers and that's simply because they are more well known and more easily available. A lot of my impulse bought books are those on the shelves in my local book shop and supermarket and they are going to be books from big publishers. Smaller publishers are the ones whose books I buy on Kindle and I just don't buy as many of those books as I used to. I want to try and be better and you've featured a few books I love so I'll definitely have to check out a few more and give them a chance.

    ReplyDelete