A HOLIDAY SEASON WITH AUTHORS

by - 9:50 PM

Since 2015 is almost over ( I KNOW I CANT BELIEVE IT?), Sil and I have been talking to some debut authors as a way to celebrate the new years for NEW beginnings and of course new books :)

Since all these authors are debuting in 2016 it seems so fitting to ask them about 2016 as they are embarking on a totally different new adventure and getting their perspective is not only amazing but also fun. We decided to construct some cute holiday cards about their new year resolutions and we also asked which two books they are MOST excited for.

2016 is all about new beginnings (as any year is!) so here is to the new year! Happy Holidays everyone!<3


From: Heidi Heilig, author of The Girl From Everywhere 

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Heidi: OF FIRE AND STARS by Audrey Coulthurst and THE BLOOD ROSE REBELLION by Rosalyn Eves (which comes out early in 2017 but I plan to get an ARC come hell or high water).

From: Erin Summerill, author of Ever the Hunted 

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Erin: THE READER by Traci Chee and BURNING GLASS by Kathryn Purdie

From: Brittany Cavallaro, author of A Study in Charlotte

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Brittany: THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE by Heidi Heilig and SCARLETT EPSTEIN HATES IT HERE by Anna Breslaw.

From Evelyn Skye, author of The Crown's Game

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Evelyn: THE YEAR WE FELL APART by Emily Martin and THE WINNER'S KISS by Marie Rutkoski. 

From Nicole Castroman, author of Blackhearts

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Nicole: As far as my top 2 reads for 2016? That's so hard! I've had the privilege of already reading some amazing 2016 debuts. I haven't read all of them, so I don't want to leave anyone out, but seriously, there is something for everyone, whether it be contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi or historical. 2016 is going to be a fantastic year for debuts. If it's a NON debut book I'm most looking forward to, I have a list of those. At the top of that list are THE WINNER'S KISS, THE SKYLIGHTER, THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS, THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER...I could go on and on, but you only asked for 2. Sorry. ;)

From Melissa Gorzelanczyk, author of Arrows

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Melissa: I've read so many amazing 2016 debuts that I'm choosing two I haven't read yet, but am really excited about: SEVEN WAYS WE LIE by Riley Redgate and BOOKISHLY EVER AFTER by Isabel Bandeira. 

From Sarah Glenn Marsh, author of Fear the Drowning Deep

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?

Sarah:  Two books I'm excited to read...I'll choose January books, because there's too much to pick from this coming year otherwise: FIRSTS by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn and UNDERWATER by Marisa Reichardt :)

From: Tara Sim, author of Timekeeper 

TBV: Two books you're excited to read in 2016?
Tara: And here are two 2016 books I'm especially excited for (that I've already read, but still excited to see them on the shelves): THE ABYSS SURROUNDS US by Emily Skrutskie and THE READER by Traci Chee

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY we accidentally deleted your comment but I (sil) saw it and WE'RE SO HAPPY YOU ENJOYED IIIIIT :') this makes us very happy

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited for their debut novels!!! I love the idea of these holiday cards! <3

    Happy 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE'RE ALSO EXCITED YAY<3 we're so happy you enjoyed this post, that's what we like to hear! Happy 2016 <3

      Delete