REVIEW: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer

by - 11:40 PM


Title: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Published: November 10th, 2015
Buy: Kindle | iBooks | Barnes and Nobles | Audible | [etc]

Rating:
Goodreads Synopsis:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana. 

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend - the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?



My original review contains some spoilers, so I'll hold off on this one! So, Winter, was actually really good and despite my ramblings/rants about my issues on it on my original review (which you can find right here ), I have the feeling that I need to at least talk about all the goods things I liked rather than the bad.

THE ROMANCE WAS SO GOOD! Everyone knows I am an actual sucker for the fake dating trope (God, it's literally the best trope on earth!), Cress and Thorne were basically my priority for the past two books. There was only a handful of scenes, but every single scene sucked me in no question. It held a lot weight and I was so,  so, in love. I loved their dynamic and all their scenes were so breathtaking.

THE PLOT WAS AMAZING. Fast paced, plot twists left and right.  For a book with a huge cast, it's hard to include every single character in order to help flesh out their story. There is so much you can do, but Meyers knows what she's doing when it comes to crafting characters. She knows how to make them funny, heart wrenching, awkward, and even witty (Good ol' Kai gave me a laugh or two). I think her strongest was her characters. The Rampion Crew are one of the cutest found friendships out there. (And yes, my second favorite trope.)

Despite my complaints, I  did love the plot most of all. I love fairy tales and I love, love retellings with that sprinkle of cliches/tropes. My favorite kinds!!


You May Also Like

0 comments